4 linear feet — 1 oversize volume
The records of the Washtenaw County Chapter of the American Red Cross span the years from 1916 to 1975 and document the history of the first fifty years of the Red Cross in Washtenaw County. One may trace the growth of this organization from the early meetings at the home of Dr. Louis P. Hall on Hill Street in Ann Arbor in 1917 through the war efforts to the successful building campaign and the fiftieth anniversary celebration in 1967. Best documented are the administrative activities and the Home Service efforts of the county chapter. This record group is divided into five series: History, Administration, Activities, Informational, and Scrapbooks.