Assistant professor of nursing and clinical nurse specialist at the University of Michigan. Subject files relating to her professional activities; and photographs.
The papers of Linda Strodtman relate primarily to her work with diabetic patients at the University of Michigan Hospitals and to her more general involvement with Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) during the years, 1970-1985. There is scant material on Strodtman's personal life. There are few documents in the collection relating to her research and teaching duties.
What the collection does document is Strodtman's work with diabetic patients, her involvement with the Michigan Diabetes Research and Training Center (MDRTC) and Diabetes Center Unit (DCU), and her activities as a CNS. The arrangement of the papers represents a blend of Strodtman's original order and description and series ordered by the processors. While this hybrid arrangement seeks to highlight aspects of her career, the researcher should note that series divisions are not absolute; some materials in the CNS series may relate to the MDRTC and vice versa.
The researcher is advised to be flexible and persistent in using the Strodtman collection; related materials are in separate and distinct areas of the collection. Furthermore, materials related to the MDRTC, the DCU, and nursing in general can be found in other collections held by the Bentley Library: The Diabetes Research and Training Center, School of Nursing, and Medical-Surgical Nursing Area collections all contain related materials.
The papers are organized into fourteen series:
- Correspondence, 1970-1985;
- Self-Evaluations, Progress Data, and Logs, 1970-1983;
- Michigan Diabetes Research and Training Center (MDRTC), 1976-1986;
- Diabetes Center Unit (DCU), 1975-1983
- University of Michigan Hospitals, Early Diabetes Program, 1970-1976;
- University of Michigan Hospitals, Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS), 1971-1983;
- University of Michigan Hospitals, Nursing Services, 1975-1979;
- Professional Activities, 1973-1988
- Medical Nursing Area Meetings, 1979-1984
- Diabetes Patient Education Program, DCU, 1973-1983;
- Educational Service for Nursing (ESN) 1978-1985
- School f Nursing and Nursing Services, U-M Hospitals, 1980-1992
- Patient Log Book, 1972-1982
The papers were received in several accession and several series are subdivided into subseries reflecting multiple accessions.